If you’ve mastered the basics of management and you’re looking for some material to give you ideas into how to grow into a better manager and beyond, then here’s the Growth track. Here we talk less about prescriptive ways for you to do your job and instead discuss themes and concepts that you can consider as you begin to gain experience and expand your influence.
- Your network inside the business
- Rockstars and superstars
- Scrutiny and judgement
- The stick
- Why is Engineering getting so slow?
- Your levers: scope, resources and time
- The sophomore slump
- Your career is your responsibility
- Mount Stupid
- The contribution curve
- There’s no shame in going back
- Management bugs
- Dealing with different personalities
- Leadership through kindness
- Step outside of your comfort zone
- Force multipliers
- Failing fast
- Letting go of control
- Workplace politics
- Engineering at scale is a people problem
Some short pieces on how to consider working with staff in other roles to the benefit of your team.